The Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) is held for students aspiring to get admission in India’s top engineering colleges. JEE (Main) 2020 is conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA) in the online mode. The exam is conducted at two levels, JEE (Main) and JEE (Advanced). JEE (Main) is conducted twice a year while JEE (Advanced) is conducted once a year. The JEE (Main) exam acts as a screening exam for JEE (Advanced) and for getting admission in various NITs & IITs.
The exam was successfully conducted on 7th, 8th & 9th January 2020. Aakash team has collected some feedback from all those students who appeared for the exam.
Read further to know about the section-wise paper analysis for JEE Main:
Highlights of the Exam
- The overall level of the exam was Easy to Moderate. In comparison to last year, the exam was similar in pattern and the difficulty level.
- In comparison to last year, the Physics section was a bit Difficult. The majority of Questions were asked from Thermodynamics, Electrostatics, and Magnetism.
- The Chemistry section was comparatively Easy. Questions from Inorganic Chemistry were NCERT based.
- Mathematics section was easier compared to the last year. However, this year it was Moderate in difficulty. Most of the questions were asked from calculus.
- There were very few questions from NCERT with most of them being from the Chemistry section
- All those students appearing for the future slots should focus more on basics and conceptual clarity
- The Numerical Answer Type questions were very lengthy.
Let’s move to the JEE Main 2020 section-wise paper analysis
JEE Main Physics Paper Analysis
The Physics section was comparatively difficult. Numerical Questions were lengthy and quite calculative. In comparison to last year, the section was tough. Scoring good marks in this section will be the key to a good percentile.
No. Of Questions
|Optics & Modern Physics||3-4|
|Electrostatic & Magnetism||5-6|
|Heat & Thermodynamics||2-4|
|Current Electricity & EMI||3-4|
JEE Main Chemistry Paper Analysis
The Chemistry section was quite easy. Most of the questions were theory-based. Physical Chemistry was lengthy and calculative. As compared to others, this section was less time-consuming.
No. of Questions
JEE Main Mathematics Paper Analysis
The Mathematics section was Moderate. The majority of the Questions were from Algebra and Calculus. Numerical Questions were calculative.
No. of Questions
Overall the JEE (Main) 2020 was on the medium side neither too difficult nor too easy. A few questions in the paper were straightforward and others were calculative but could be solved by all those people who prepared for the paper sincerely. Overall, in the Physics section, the questions were slightly on the higher side compared to last year. In all, the paper was on the expected lines with a few elements of surprise.
Author: Kriti Kohli
Kriti is an active blogger with decent experience in the education industry. She researches on various topics related to education & various other competitive exams and pens down her research in the form of articles & blogs. She performs extensive research, adds several crucial information, inputs and statistics in her write-ups. When she is not writing, she loves wandering around the hills, as exploring nature excites her the most.