The National Testing Agency (NTA) will begin the registration process for JEE (Main) April session exam on February 7, 2020. Soon, NTA will release the official notification for the JEE (Main) April 2020 exam.
The result for the JEE (Main) January exam result 2020 has been declared on January 17, 2020. With the announcement of the result, NTA has also mentioned that the registration process for JEE (Main) April exam will be done between February 7 to March 7. The April session exam will be held on April 5, 7, 9 and 11, 2020. The uploading of the images and payment of the application form will be till March 8, 2020.
The April JEE (Main) 2020 Examination will be conducted in the CBT mode. All those candidates who have failed to clear the JEE (Main) January exam can reattempt in the April session. Moreover, those students who are not satisfied with their January exam scores can also appear for the same. Also, if a candidate has appeared for the January 2020 exam, then it is NOT mandatory for him or her to appear for the April 2020 exam as well.
JEE (Main) April 2020 Registration: Steps to apply
- Visit the official website of JEE (Main) 2020
- Go to the homepage and search for the link which says “JEE (Main) 2020 April Session”
- Create your account and log in
- Fill the application form
- Upload all the required documents and pay the application fee
- Click on submit
JEE (Main) April 2020 Exam: Mode of Examination
JEE (Main) will be conducted in the following mode:
- Paper 1 (BE/BTech) in “Computer Based Test (CBT)” mode only
- Paper 2 (BArch/BPlanning): Mathematics – Part I and Aptitude Test Part-II in “Computer Based Test (CBT)” mode only and Drawing Test Part III in “Pen & Paper Based” (offline) mode to be attempted on the drawing sheet.
Check JEE Main 2020 Eligibility Below
- All those candidates who have passed Class 12th or equivalent examination from a recognized Board or Institute in 2018 or 2019
- All those students who would be appearing in Class 12th or any other Equivalent examination in 2020 are also eligible for the same
- All those candidates who are appearing in the JEE Main 2020 Examination must have cleared the Qualifying exam and should be ready to start their BE/B.Tech/ B.Arch courses starting from July 2020
- There is no age limit criteria for appearing in the JEE Main Examination
Admission criteria to undergraduate engineering programs at NITs, IITs, Centrally Funded Technical Institutions (CFTI), Institutions funded by participating State Governments and other Institutions shall include the performance in Class 12/ equivalent qualifying Examination and the Joint Entrance Examination i.e. JEE (Main).
The (BE/BTech) of JEE (Main) will also be an eligibility test for the JEE (Advanced), which the candidate has to take if/she is aspiring for admission to the undergraduate programs offered by the Indian Institute of Technology (IITs).
The JEE (Main) 2020 final rank will be determined based on the better of the two scores from both the exams – January 2020 score and April 2020 score. If in case there is a tie between two candidates, then the candidate who has a better score in Mathematics will be given preference.
Author: Kriti Kohli
Kriti is an active blogger with decent experience in the education industry. She researches on various topics related to education & various other competitive exams and pens down her research in the form of articles & blogs. She performs extensive research, adds several crucial information, inputs and statistics in her write-ups. When she is not writing, she loves wandering around the hills, as exploring nature excites her the most.