In school, students usually focus on regular weekly tests, half yearly exams and finals. The pattern and the type of questions always remain the same and are not that challenging. It is important for students to be more aware of the different types of exams that they can appear and prepare for that will give a boost to their preparation for college entrances as well and Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana (KVPY) is one of them. This exam is quite useful as it gives students a sense of competition and prepare them for the different competitive exams that they may appear for in later life. So, here is all that you should know about the exam:
About the Exam:
- The Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana (KVPY) is an on going national program of Fellowship,, initiated and funded by the Department of Science and Technology, Government of India.
- The aim of this scholarship program is to identify and encourage talented students to ensure that the best scientific talent is groomed for research and development in the country.
- Generous fellowship and contingency grant are provided to the selected KVPY Fellows up to the pre-Ph.D. level or 5 years whichever is earlier.
- In addition, summer camps for the KVPY fellows are organized in prestigious research and educational institutions in the country.
Important Dates for KVPY:
|Opening of Online application portal||Mid of July|
|Last date for closing of online application||Last week of August|
|Exam Date||First Sunday of November|
Eligibility Criteria for KVPY:
|Stream SA||Stream SX|
|Students enrolled in XI Standard in Science Subjects and having secured a minimum of 75% (65% for SC/ST/PWD) marks in aggregate in Mathematics and Science subjects in the X Standard Board Examination||Students enrolled in XII Standard (+2) in Science Subjects and having secured a minimum of 75% (65% for SC/ST/PWD) marks in aggregate in Mathematics and Science subjects in the X Standard Board Exam and a minimum of 60% (50% for SC/ST/PWD) marks in aggregate in Mathematics and Science subjects in the XII Standard Board Examination.|
Annual Contingency Grant
|SA/SX/SB – during 1st to 3rd years of B.Sc./ B.S./ B.Stat./B.Math. /Integrated M.Sc. M.S.||Rs 5,000||Rs 20,000|
|SA/SX/SB – during M.Sc./4th to 5th years of Integrated M.Sc./M.S./M.Math./M.Stat.||Rs 7,000||Rs 28,000|
- Aptitude Test
After scrutiny of the application forms and meeting the eligibility criteria for various streams, all eligible students will be called for a written aptitude test conducted both in Hindi and English at different centres across the country on the First Sunday of November. The details of the venue of the aptitude test for the eligible students and their seat number will be published on the KVPY website in the second week of October (Online mode only).
Based on the performance in the aptitude test, short-listed students will be asked to appear for an interview which is the final stage of the selection procedure. The merit list is based on 7.5% weightage for Aptitude Test marks and 25% weightage for the interview marks in all the streams.
Follow these 3 steps to complete your application successfully:
- Fill personal and academic details, choosing test centre and uploading photo, signature, and other certificates
- Payment of Application Fee
For more information, refer our website https://www.aakash.ac.in/prepare-for-kvpy-exam-at-aakash
Author: Kriti Kohli
Kriti is an active blogger with decent experience in the education industry. She researches on various topics related to education & various other competitive exams and pens down her research in the form of articles & blogs. She performs extensive research, adds several crucial information, inputs and statistics in her write-ups. When she is not writing, she loves wandering around the hills, as exploring nature excites her the most.