THE MUCH AWAITED NTSE 2019 NOTIFICATION IS OUT!
All the NTSE aspirants of Class X, who have been eagerly waiting for this year’s notification while preparing for the coveted exam, can now take the first step in the direction of fulfilling their dream. The state wise notification for NATIONAL TALENT SEARCH EXAMINATION (NTSE) 2019 was released on the respective State Board Secondary Education website in the first week of August. You can now contact your school or visit the NCERT website www.ncert.nic.in to procure the notification regarding the same.
To simplify it for you, we have given state-wise notifications of the exam at the following link:
- The NTSE is a national level scholarship program to identify and nurture students with high intellect. It is one of the most sought-after opportunities for students studying in Class X to gain recognition and display their talent at the national level.
- The total number of students competing for the coveted scholarship is close to 5,00,000 from which only 2,000 awardees are selected (till 2018 it was 1,000).
- The NTSE program is the brainchild of NCERT (National Council of Educational Research and Training) and aims to identify and nurture talent in the fields of scientific research in India.
- The examination is conducted every year for class X students at two levels: Stage-I (State Level) and Stage-II (National Level). However, the students studying abroad are exempted from State Level Stage-I.
NTSE (S-I & II) 240 Minutes
KEY THINGS TO REMEMBER
- It carries Multiple Choice-based Questions (MCQs).
- The exam for each stage is conducted in two sessions on one day only.
- Candidates scoring above the required percentage and standing within the specified number of ranks (state quota) will be eligible to appear in Stage – II National Level Examination.
- No negative marking in both the papers in both Stages (I & II).
- Only candidates qualifying in both the papers separately will be considered for merit.
- Selection of the awardees will be made on the basis of total marks, scored in MAT and SAT.
- The scholarship under the present scheme are awarded to the candidates for pursuing courses in Science & Social Science up to doctoral level & in professional courses like medicine & engineering up to second-degree level subject.
- About two thousand scholarships are awarded for different stages of education, which are as follows:
- Scholarship of 1250/- per month for Class XI & XII
- Scholarship of 2000/- per month for Undergraduates and Post- graduates
- Amount of Scholarship for D. is fixed in accordance with the UGC norms
- The NTSE exam measures your strengths and weaknesses on the basis of concepts learned at school
- It gives you an opportunity to compete and know potential at All India level
- Writing NTSE exam helps instill confidence to crack other such competitive exams in the future
- The NTSE exam can act as a gateway to premier institutes and colleges that reserve seat exclusively for NTSE Scholars
- Your NTSE score can give you a competitive edge over others while applying for job interviews
- If you are planning to apply for studies abroad, being an NTSE Scholar can add to your advantage
So, without any further delay, fill your NTSE application forms at the earliest and continue with your preparation with full dedication and earnest efforts. To prepare in a better way, click: https://dlp.aakash.ac.in/foundations/oy-ntse-stage-i-test-series-course%20offline
Author: Kama Choudhary
Kama is an avid reader, an experienced content writer, a published academic author and an educator with experience in teaching Senior Secondary Classes. From conducting thorough research on industry-related topics to preparing well-structured drafts, Kama has been creating compelling content for the blog. In addition, she provides content for various marketing campaigns, writes press releases and develops and edits content for our web pages. She provides succinct content for our various advertisements and writes clear marketing copy to promote our products and services.