NEET 2019 dress code is what the candidates who applied for the exam must be looking for now. NEET 2019 will be conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA) on May 05, 2019, for admission to MBBS/BDS courses in different medical colleges across the country. The exam is now less than a month away. The aspirants must be following NEET 2019 last month preparation strategies and schedule. Along with memorizing the important chapters and formulae, the students also need to keep in mind a few items barred by NTA for NEET 2019 as they can be used for any unfair means. Students need to keep a check that they do not possess any of barred items at the exam centre and follow NEET 2019 dress code strictly.
The students are also advised to follow the Dress Code for NEET 2019 as is important for the fair conduct of the examination.
NEET 2019 Dress Code – List of Barred Items
Note: The candidates are not allowed to carry the following items inside the examination hall under any circumstances. The candidates will be subjected to extensive and compulsory frisking before entering the examination centre with the help of highly sensitive metal detectors. Applicants trying to enter into the examination hall with the barred item as per the dress code of NEET 2019 will not only be stopped from entering the room but will also be disqualified from the exam.
(a) Any stationery items
Candidates are not allowed to carry any stationery item like books, calculators, etc in the examination hall. Those carrying the same will be asked to submit the same to the invigilator. Given below is the complete list of stationery items not allowed in NEET 2019 examination centre.
|Textual material (printed or written)||bits of papers||Geometry/Pencil Box||Plastic Pouch||Calculator||Pen|
|Electronic Pen/Scanner etc.||Writing Pad||Pen Drives||Eraser||Scale||Log Table|
(b) Any communication device like
To ensure that candidates don’t cheat during the exam, the authorities have barred all the communication devices inside the examination hall. As per NEET 2019 dress code, candidates will not be allowed to carry any of the given devices in the exam hall.
|Mobile Phone||Bluetooth||Microphone||Pager||Health Band|
(c) Other items like
In addition to stationery items, candidates are also not allowed to wear any accessories or ornaments during the exam. Those wearing or carrying the same will not be allowed to enter the examination hall. It is better you avoid carrying any of the items given below than wasting your time on arguing with the invigilator at the examination centre.
|Watch||Wrist Watch||Camera||Bracelet||Any metallic Item|
(d) All ornaments like
(g) Any eatable item opened or packed, water bottle, etc. are also not allowed to carry in NEET 2019 examination hall.
Action against the candidates not following NEET 2019 Dress Code:
No arrangement will be made at the centres for keeping any articles/items belonging to the candidates. In case any candidate is found in possession of any of the barred items inside the NEET 2019 Exam centre, it will be considered as use of unfair means and action will be taken against the candidate in accordance with the relevant provisions.
Dress Code for NEET 2019
Apart from the items mentioned above, candidates also need to follow the dress code of NEET 2019. Basically, the dress code explains the type of clothes the candidates are allowed to wear in the examination hall.
Dress Code for NEET 2019
|Light clothes with half sleeves||Big buttons|
|Slippers, sandals with low heels||Shoes|
Special Instruction for Students Coming in Customary Dress
In case, candidates are coming in the customary dress for the examination, they should report at least an hour before the last reporting time so that they could be frisked properly.
NEET 2019 Exam Day Guidelines: Instruction for Examination Hall
- Documents except NEET admit card 2019 and Photograph will not be permitted inside the exam hall.
- The invigilators will give the candidates NEET 2019 guidelines which should be adhered to by the candidates.
- For the benefit of candidates, the invigilators will announce the time:
In the beginning
At the end of the exam
- Candidates will be required to give their finger impressions on the attendance sheet.
- Candidates will be required to sign the answer sheet once in the beginning of the NEET 2019 exam and then after the conclusion of the exam.
- To fill the particular information on the test booklet, candidates will be provided the test booklet 15 minutes ahead of the examination.
- Candidates will be provided a ballpoint pen in the exam hall to write the examination.
- To check the number of pages in the booklet, candidates will be provided with five minutes to open the seal of the test booklets right before the start of the examination.
- Candidates must ensure that the code written on the test booklet is similar to the one provided on the answer sheet enclosed in the test booklet.
- Candidates need to fill the details on either side of the OMR answer sheet.
- It is mandatory to submit the OMR sheet to the invigilator before leaving the exam hall.
Author: Preeti Gupta
Preeti Gupta is a passionate writer and reader, who believes in the magic of words. Helping students in their competitive exam preparation through informative blogs gives her happiness. In her free time, she loves traveling.